The Ultimate Wedding Checklist
Planning your dream wedding is one of the the most exciting times in your life – but this can also be overwhelming. To help make the process smoother, we’ve created this milestone checklist for the organised soon-to-be-wedded couple.
12 Months Out
One year away from the date of your wedding, it is important to begin organising the overarching structure and securing core services.
- Announce your wedding
- Introduce family members who have not met
- Determine your budget
- Select bridal party
- Book ceremony and reception venues
- Hire a wedding planner (if desired)
- Book photographer / videographer
- Book a celebrant / officiant
- Book a caterer or organise catering through your venue
- Make bridal boutique appointments
- Book / select music for the ceremony
- Book a florist
9 Months Out
Now is the time to begin the detailed preparations that will really define your day.
- Order your wedding dress
- Organise your jewellery and accessories
- Finalise the guest list
- Book hair and makeup artist(s)
- Order bridesmaids’ dresses and suits for groomsmen
- Organise invitations and stationary
- Start sourcing decorations
- If needed, book hire-equipment
- Send save-the-date cards
6 Months Out
With six months to go, the event is beginning to take shape.
- Assist out-of-town guests with organising their accommodation
- Book transport for the day
- Purchase wedding rings
- Order party favours for guests
- Organise your gift registry
4 Months Out
Now is the time to focus on the intimate details that will elevate and personalise your celebration.
- Arrange menu tasting
- Organise service details with the ceremony officiant
- Choose something old, new, borrowed and blue
- Purchase gifts for bridal party
- Select readings and vows
- Finalise decorative arrangements
2 Months Out
With two months remaining, you are ready to cement logistical details.
- Post formal invites
- Inform guests of your gift registry
- Undertake a hair and makeup trial
- Complete and lodge your Notice of Intended Marriage form
- If changing your name, complete the appropriate documents
1 Month Out
A month is the perfect amount of time to prepare special touches.
- Organise bridal party’s final fittings
- Ask speakers to prepare speeches
- Write your own speech
- Finalise rehearsal arrangements
- Finalise menu, including dietary requirements
3 Weeks Out
For peace of mind, it is good practice to double-check the following details with all suppliers, including florist, cake maker, photographer/videographer, car hire company, celebrant/officiant, equipment hire provider, hair and makeup artist(s), musicians and entertainers.
- Delivery time
- Delivery location
Two Weeks Out
In the fortnight ahead of the wedding day, complete the final details and begin your countdown.
- Have a final dress fitting (including veil, shoes and accessories)
- Confirm guest numbers with reception venue and caterer
- Finalise seating plan for reception
- Write place cards
- Practise walking around in your wedding shoes at home
By this stage everything is in place. With only small details remaining, use this time to relax with family and friends and truly embrace the special moment.
- Pick up your wedding dress and hang it in a safe place
- Have your engagement ring cleaned
- Hold a wedding rehearsal